Friday, March 9, 2012

A Self Indulgent Post; Bookworm Congratulates Self On Less Than Mediocre Results


Dearest readers, please indulge me in a celebratory post.  No, it is not for receiving my one millionth hit, or announcing a TV series to be made about the Riveting Life of a Bookworm.  Rather, it is my One Year Blogging Anniversary!  I don’t even want to know what surprises and celebrations are in store for me today.

Over the past year I have:
  • Kept the same job
  • Read books at the same pace as usual
  • Maintained a fairly steady readership (thanks Mom!)
  • Garnered no book deals
  • Earned zero advertising dollars
  • Gotten zilch from Amazon book deals
Oh what a year it has been.  Fortunately – as those who know me are very aware – I can entertain myself endlessly. And as long as I continue to do so, I will keep polluting the web with withering book reviews and friendly jabs at friends and family.
Level of anticipated celebration.
Actually, this is me as a statuesque bridesmaid in Loyal Reader Kiley's wedding.
Moments later, I demanded my Mom make me a grilled cheese.  It was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment