Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sophomore Year Of Blogging Off To Rocky Start


Loyal readers have probably noticed my last few blogs have been a bit fluffy.  Or rather, the kind my brother likes.  I’ve been busy hammering Blog Reader Susan on the tennis courts.  (Note: this is a bold faced lie.  Susan pelts balls of fire my way and I curl up into the fetal position on the court and cover my face.)  My athletic prowess combined with gorgeous weather has been distracting me from literary pursuits.  It certainly has not been Dexter season 5.  I am too smart for TV.    And too beautiful.  Also, poised.

Nevertheless I finally finished Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann.  I love when seemingly random characters unwittingly come together in one story comprised of both tragedy and feel goodery.  This book checked those boxes, but was a fairly slow read for me and I don’t know why.  It started to pick up towards the end, unlike this blog post.

2 comments: