Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Ranking Exercise Proves Dangerous for Fledgling Book Blogger


This weekend my reading travels took me to exotic Sarasota, Florida for Good Friend and Surprising Blog Reader Matt’s wedding.  Fun fact for all of you followers:  Matt introduced me to my Husband and Personal Carrot Grower, Andrew.  So I was excited to celebrate Matt & Krystal with some of my favorite people.

I used to be pretty down on Florida, grouping it with the likes of Ohio as bottom-ranking states.  But this weekend I discovered that Summer Shandys were already available in the Sunshine state, making me question my ranking of states altogether.  Why can’t it be as clear-cut as condiments?  (in order: sour cream, mustard, barbecue sauce)

The pre-season Summer Shandy was a lovely poolside companion for enjoying The Buffalo Soldier by Chris Bohjalian.   And while we are ranking things, let’s go ahead and rank some of Bohjalian’s work shall we:

1. Midwives
2. Trans-Sister Radio
3. The Buffalo Solider
4. Before You Know Kindness

This was a good book that really came together for me at the end.  Not in a sour cream way, but in a barbecue sauce way – the vinegary kind.

Have I secured my place as the worst book blogger on the internet yet?  I think the vinegar comment might have sealed the deal.

Hanging with college buddies ranks as #1 best activity.


2 comments:

  1. i just read "The Night Stranger" by Bohjalian and was pretty disappointed, actually. haven't read any of the other books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm... ok, I will skip that one. I promise that Midwives and Trans-sister Radio are excellent. But the other two are only ok. Thanks for reading Sara!

    ReplyDelete