Monday, April 2, 2012

Even Mundane Occasions Require Celebration Including Heavy Dinner


I saw the Hunger Games movie this weekend with a group of friends that gave the film mixed reviews.  I think I only liked the movie because I liked the book so much – I definitely didn’t love it, and I doubt I would have even watched it if not for the book.  I also appreciated that it wasn’t as gory as it could have been for a movie about kids killing each other for food.  I think Quentin Tarantino’s take on the story would have been a bit different.

What can I say, I am a sucker for creating occasions so going to see this highly anticipated book nerd movie followed by a dinner of shrimp and grits was fun.  And slightly more notable than say, the Tots Party I attended for the DVD release of Napoleon Dynamite

Everyone is annoyed about this photo being taken.
Even Jed, who is buying a fountain drink.
Just because you won't look at me
doesn't mean the picture isn't being taken.


No comments:

Post a Comment