Monday, October 1, 2012

Audience Never Saw This One Coming


Contrary to popular belief – or unpopular belief based on readership numbers last month – I am still reading books and care about you, dear readers.  I am especially motivated when I learn about people that read this blog that I don’t even know.  I know you are out there, Guy Who Used To Be My Old Boss’ Boss, and I am flattered.

My main excuse is that I have been busy reading Big Thick Books, but I should also mention a new activity for this blog and for me as a human – a DIY project.  That’s right, I did something myself.  I normally highly prefer PSETDI projects – Pay Someone Else To Do It – but now that I am this sober Mama-To-Be I am a whole different person who does stuff like paint.

I went with a couple of my top Blog Mockers to an antique store and found an unfinished bookcase.



Then, I painted it. 


Another photo bomb from World's Best Dog Norman.


Now, I realize this sounds like no big deal to most of you.  But I don’t know how to do anything.  At all. So a two-tone bookshelf for my nursery is a big freaking deal.  I can’t emphasize this enough. 

So, to recap for those of you Pinterest-Loving DIYers. 
 1.  Buy Bookshelf.
 2.  Paint it.

Then take massive amounts of credit for it whenever anyone will listen.  Also, tell them about this blog since even total strangers get a kick out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment