Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Bookworm Takes Advice From a Brazillian And Also Avoids Obvious Tip Pun in Title


Blog Mocker Though Seemingly Loyal Reader Mauricio is always giving me books to read.  He tends to position these sort of as a dare, as in “you won’t read this.”  He is an Art Director, and points out that I only read “regular” books.  You know – the kind with a beginning, middle and end.  He likes books with pictures.  Turns out, that’s not just kids books, or as I often tell him – coloring books.

One of the books that has been sitting on my desk for months is Taxi Driver Wisdom by Risa Mickenberg.  It is about a 30 minute read, with a picture in every spread and big chunky type.  But I have to admit, it was an insightful little book full of great quotes from cab drivers.  Unfortunately most of my cab drivers must be saying these quotes in a foreign language to someone on their cell phone.  The only pearls of wisdom I ever get is “which airline?”  The last quote of the book addresses this experience, but I won’t spoil it for you.  Consider this a cliff-hanging post.

Snap!

No comments:

Post a Comment