Sunday, June 3, 2012

Bookworm Chooses Pickles Over Fashion; Would Do It Again


I know you probably think I look too young to have a 28 year-old younger brother, but alas, it is true.  He reads this blog twice per year, usually right in front of me with running commentary.

Innocent looking family goes on to shock fellow diners
with carb intake in the name of celebration.
Mom had salad.
I digress.  This weekend Andrew and I went up to DC with the fam to celebrate my bro turning 28.  The weekend included a trip to Eastern Market, where we happened upon handbags made of books, a topic covered by this blog before.  These were cool to look at, since the - Artist? Bag Maker Lady?  - used beautiful books to create these glamorous cell phone and wallet holders.  Prices started at $120, which was a little steep for this Bookworm.  My handbag budget = one new purse for Christmas every five years. 

Instead, I bought pickles and peaches.  No regrets!



Purse/Book selection was impressive.
But we've seen it before.

If I did own this purse, I would probably fill it with pickles.





No comments:

Post a Comment