Friday, June 15, 2012

I Thought The Irish Ate Corned Beef & Cabbage Every Single Night


One of my cohorts at work recently said that no one’s life is as perfect as they make it look on their blog.  I am not sure if this comment was directed at me and World’s Best Dog Norman or not.  Perhaps it was aimed at my glamorous job in advertising, which gave me the opportunity to drive 4 hours in one day to shadow a call center rep in Manassas, VA this week.  Oh, the stories I could tell about haggling for lower cable prices – I am a hit at parties!

Somehow I found time to finish Minding Frankie by Maeve Binchy.  An author I usually love, but much like Jodi Picoult I am getting sick of her.  And yet, I am addicted to buying her books so she can live in Irish luxury.  I’ve definitely bought her a bunch of corned beefs by now (which, according to my boss who married a Real Irish Person that is not what they eat.)  So, if anyone does want to read this book, just borrow it from me – Binchy can eat leftovers tonight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment