Monday, June 25, 2012

Warning: Unsettling Bathing Suit Shots Ahead


Steve Martin is hilarious. I actually clapped when he showed up in the season finale of Saturday Night Live recently.  His tweets are better than most books.  Including, The Pleasure of My Company by Steve Martin.

I liked the book, and even did one of those “hmph” out-loud laughs a few times. It was also kind of sad (yes!) and definitely a quick and easy beach read (that was literally dropped in wet sand, oops).  But I didn’t love it – it was just okay.  I liked the development of the main character, but the plot was a little odd and the ending was not believable and totally out of left field.  I think he got tired of book-writing and realized that he is a super rich dude that can just hang on the beach and tweet if he wants to, so he wrapped it up pretty quickly. 

I, only the other hand, am not super rich and am therefore back at work.  I announced to my team that I now require an afternoon nap post-vacation, and got only laughs rather than the calendar management assistance I was hoping for.  

That book will be dropped in wet sand approximately 5 minutes after this photo is taken.
Even an inanimate object was terrified by our swimwear.
Photo Credit: Loyal Tuesday/Thursday Blog Reader Phill

No comments:

Post a Comment