Sunday, June 10, 2012

Bookworm Confesses to Dull Blog & Speedy Sock Folding (In That Order)


We had to drive thousands of miles but we made it – Andrew and I finally completed 11/22/63 by Stephen King.  The dramatic ending was underscored by the fact that I ran out of renewals (this was a 25 disc set from the library that I have had since March) which forced us to listen to the last hour off Andrew’s computer in our living room. 

I have never read a Stephen King book before – I think R.L. Stine was my fearful limit at age 9.  But this book is apparently different from his others since it was not in the horror category, and it was pretty awesome.  It definitely could have been a few discs shorter – King is one verbose dude.  But overall it was an awesomely descriptive story, and led to some peaceful car rides that could have otherwise been pretty bleak if we hadn’t been worried about whether the antagonist would be able to save JFK’s life. 

Speaking of bleak, this is a pretty dull entry, and we finished this book a week ago.  I hope this is just a lull, but I could be losing some blogging steam.  What will both of you do with the extra 30 seconds per week if I give this up?  And what would I do with the extra 5 minutes I would have spent blogging?  Eat a sandwich?  Fold 20 pairs of socks?  Give Norman a belly rub?  I better not make any rash decisions here.

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book!! Thanks for the recommendation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you read it Carters! It was a good one, but the way it ended was kinda weird.

    ReplyDelete