Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Hitting All Kinds of Blogging Repeats Year Two; Bookworm Makes No Effort to Keep Content Fresh

Last year’s recipe for Memorial Day weekend success was repeated this year:  friends gather at Rappahannock River; Bookworm reads depressing book. 
Doesn't get much better than a sunset on the Rappahannock.
But you could make a decent agreement the cupcakes succeeded.


While my friends were off expending energy kayaking (they literally did this for fun), I was wrapped up in Incendiary by Chris Cleave.  I was so excited to find this book on a Barnes & Noble run with Bookworm & Blog Mocker Erin, since I was a huge fan of Cleave’s Little Bee.  Expectations were high for the book and the weekend.

Both delivered.  Ok, that was a line written for blogging convenience.  The time with friends at the river was perfect, and the book was good but it was no Little Bee.  Though it was just as disturbing, and I have to give the author credit – he definitely doesn’t tell stories I feel like I have heard 100 times before.  The bombing of a London soccer stadium was a new one for me.  As was sailing on the vessel of Captain Cabell.  I am happy to report the entire crew survived, and went on to read quietly on the pier for hours.  What a perfect weekend.

Insane friends entertain themselves by making arms tired.

Instagram App turns every idiot into a decent photographer.
A&A head to river; continue slugging through longest audiobook ever.

Captain Cabell & First Mate Brian.
Most notably, no one lost at sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment