Sunday, May 6, 2012

New Appreciation Born For Blog Writing Tool, Which Is An Apple Computer


For the last few weeks, I have been constantly peppering friends, family and co-workers with self-proclaimed “fun facts” about Steve Jobs.  Andrew’s eyes take on a special glazed over expression when I explain why Apple icons have a certain shape.  Guess I better add “Steve Jobs” to the list of things we don’t talk about.  A list that leads with What I Am Going To Pack In My Suitcase.

That’s right, my latest read was Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson.  I thought this book was fascinating – who knew I was so interested in the history of computers?  Jobs is a mean genius who I am glad to have never met.  But I was inspired by his life story and stunning list of accomplishments, which was thoroughly told by Isaacson.  At times, maybe a bit too thoroughly.  There were a few themes that Isaacson repeated over and over – as if because the book was over 500 pages long, maybe I forgot something from 50 pages ago.  I didn’t, Walter.

I feel 5% smarter for reading this book, and think I basically have my MBA now.  This book should be required reading for business people and maybe even young adults.  Just keep in mind that this guy was a jerk, or as Isaacson put it “the technical term is asshole.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment