Sunday, January 22, 2012

Confessions Dumped Into Poor, Unsuspecting Internet


When Andrew is out of town I like to watch girly movies that he won’t watch.  This Saturday, I finally got to see Jane Eyre, which I have wanted to see for a long time.

Loyal readers and anyone who knows me realizes how cool I was in high school.  As such, one of my favorite books was Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë even though it was required reading.  I went through a major English lit phase, loving Jane Austen, Thomas, Hardy, the Brontës… sorry I just realized that even admitting this here on a poorly led blog is probably detrimental to my current social life.  (aka Taco Night at the Garrett’s)

So, back to movies!  I liked Jane Eyre because it reminded me of a book I loved.  I don’t think any of you would be into it.  It’s fairly slow, long and has the occasional subtitle.  There are no explosions, swear words, nude scenes or shopping montages.  Hey, I know my audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment