Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Year of Good Reading and Tolerable Blogging Comes to a Close


I think I can safely say I have finished my last book of 2011.  Jennifer Egan’s A Visit from the Goon Squad certainly had some warning signals for the Bookworm.  It was described as “intellectually stimulating” and won lots of awards, like the Pulitzer Prize. Though I love to purchase award winning books, I often find the books more about artful prose than story.  (Just like this blog, right?)

I am happy to report that I really enjoyed A Visit from the Goon Squad but still maintain my un-intellectual identity since I don’t understand where the title came from at all.  I was anxious to figure it out and was attuned to the few mentions of the word “goon” as I was reading, but am still clueless.  I would fail the test on this one but would have been proud to have at least finished the assignment.

I look forward to reading more of Egan’s books, but will do my best to pace myself on her collection rather than binge.  Not my strong suit.  Especially on New Years’ Eve…

No comments:

Post a Comment