Saturday, December 3, 2011

Bookworm Drafts Lists of Excuses, Hits “Post”

Faithful readership, 
Please accept this hastily written list of excuses to account for my lack of posting over the last two weeks:
  1. It’s the Christmas season, people.  That means I have a minor case of carpel tunnel as I write 80+ Christmas cards, each with a personal note.  (The content of which mostly pokes fun at Andrew and me.  This should come as no surprise.)
  2. Seriously, it gets really busy at Christmas.  My Christmas shopping is over 50% complete, a fact that I am super proud of.  On Black Friday, I checked out at Barnes & Noble three separate times.  I love that place, and don’t care that it’s a chain.  Did you know The Outback Steakhouse is also a chain?  They are so good that they build a million of them.  If you could get a blooming onion in the new fiction section (or biography section) of B&N, things in my world would get ugly quickly.
  3. Oh, there was also Thanksgiving.  Who could possibly have time to read when coordinating a family photo such as this one?  I’m pretty sure you could see it from space.
At least nine of these people are named Bill(y). 
Despite the lack of posting, thank you for checking back/harassing me about it.  And thank you for all of the comments.  Sorry,  I meant the one comment. From Jomo, my current favorite reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment