Thursday, December 8, 2011

Bookworm Faces Evening Without Words With Friends


Last night our power was out from about 7:30pm – 2:30am.  Right off the bat I will tell you I am still going to drink the egg nog that was in the fridge during this time.  Please suspend your judgment – I only get my beverage of choice 1 month of the year.  (No offense, Summer Shandy)

Needless to say the work I was planning to do from home was impossible without the Internet.  I also couldn’t play all the 7-letter words I had ready to roll for major points on Words With Friends.  Luckily my mother-in-law is the sole source of all candles and flashlights in our house, so we weren’t just sitting in total darkness.  Nope, we could read just like I used to in the third grade – with the lights off and a flashlight. 

Yes, I was supercool in elementary school obviously.  Between my book-reading and LA Gears, everyone wanted me on their kickball team.

I probably owned this sweatshirt in third grade.
It served me just as well then.  What a style maven!

2 comments: