Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Unbelievably, The Outback Steakhouse is Mentioned Yet Again


I am in my first book club.  Hard to believe for a bookworm like me, but I have never wanted reading to feel like homework, so I’ve never been interested.  I have since learned that you don’t have to read the book and it’s just about drinking wine and hanging out.  I checked with the Club Founder and beers will be permitted.  Phew.

I just completed our first book Rules of Civility by Amor Towels and really enjoyed it.  I never would have chosen this book, and had never heard of it, but any Great Gatsby lover would probably like it.  New York in the late 30s sounded pretty fun if you were in the right crowd, and had the right dress on.

I loved the way this book was written and found it to be was very highlight-worthy.  I mean, how could you not smile at this:

“To begin, Wallace ordered aspic, of all things, and I had the house salad – a terrific concoction of iceberg greens, cold blue cheese and warm red bacons.  If I were a country, I would have made it my flag.”

I think my flag would probably be a Blooming Onion from The Outback Steakhouse.  But depending on where I hung it, I could get big rig trucks stopping at my house so perhaps I need to re-think this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment