Friday, February 3, 2012

Answer Me This You Stylish Followers


Loyal readers and lovers of all things Bookworm know that my latest social media obsession has been Pinterest.  One thing that really bugs me about Pinterest are all of the interesting bookshelves posted to show one's superior taste in design and style.  Yes, I have done it too.  But here’s the thing – what books are those?  And how do I make my used paperbacks into a design statement?

Here is a bookshelf on Pinterest:
S
Here is my bookshelf (clearly not staged for this posting):



I love my bookshelf – I got it from Andrew for my birthday a few years ago.  But there is just no way to both maximize the space available on the shelf while also making it look cool.  That’s probably why it is tucked away in my purple “girl cave” with my make-up, wrapping paper, board games and many, many old scrapbooks.

2 comments:

  1. i see a lot of yellows and reds. maybe make a few of the cubes all one color? that picture from pinterest is annoying, who owns the exact same # of red books as they do blue books and green books? no one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand your frustration and agree. Perhaps I will try this color blocking you speak of...

      Delete