Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Do Not Judge My Scrapbooking Years (RIP 1992 – 2005)

I decided in advance that I would love I Drink for a Reason by David Cross since Tobias Fünke is the second best TV character ever (from the first best TV show Arrested Development.    Job Bluth from the same show is reigning #1.) Plus I am a big fan of his Grammy losing stand-up album Stop Crying You Fucking Baby.  There are a couple of bits in that act that I have heard so many times that I quote them.  People hate that.  Mostly because my delivery is so bad that I burst out laughing before I get to the punch line, a trait that is unfortunately not unique to quoting Cross.  I really crack myself up.
Anyway, you probably see where this is going.  I was disappointed in the book, except for the chapter making fun of a scrapbook convention in Michigan.  He came off pretty whiny throughout, though I really want to like it since he said that all of his fans are smart.  But I guess I am just not that smart, since I thought he came off as what Eighth Grade Allison might call a “hater.”  Boy was she a big time scrapbooker.

No comments:

Post a Comment