Sunday, November 6, 2011

Andrew Loves the Irish, I Love the iPhone

Notre Dame grads.
I think they are this excited because
we didn't travel to South Bend.  Oh wait, that was me.
This weekend the Irish took on the mighty Demon Deacons in Winston, North Carolina.  We went to the game with a crew from Richmond, including I-Don't-Get-Your-Blog-Emails Kristen and I'm-On-Page-80-of-The Pillars of the Earth-Jed.  (I should note that Jed is rapidly becoming my most dedicated reader, which is the least competitive accolade out there.  One of my closest friends recently said to me, "Oh, you are still doing that?"  Yeah, I am.)

Today was a gorgeous fall day and a perfect time to listen to the conclusion of our first audiobook from the library.  A classic case of getting what you pay for, our free book was probably my least favorite Ken Follett book so far.  Jackdaws was fine for the car, but I kept getting confused about which character was which.  This is probably because it was the abridged version, and I was scouting out top milkshake options on the way home this afternoon.  (I admit to actually calling an Arby's to consult with the staff on whether milkshakes were available at the South Hills, VA location.  They were, but we made a last minute decision to bolt across three lanes to get to the Sonic instead.  My banana shake was worth the risk.)

Andrew has asked that I note that the female voice talent for this book was excellent.  He has also asked that I stop mentioning him on this blog.  1 out of 2 isn't too bad.

In other news that only I care about, I got an iPhone this week and we are in love.  Below is a video taken today on the tail end of our drive.  Check out our entrance into Richmond and abrupt halt in front of the Garretts to pick up World's Best Dog Norman who had spent the previous 28 hours digging holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment