Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Excellent Book Recommender Recognized for Achievement


After a recent declaration that I no longer have time for books that are anything less than awesome, I am happy to say that Dependable Book Friend Natalie gets me.  We had breakfast together while she was in town over the holidays, and I am 99% sure she only invited me to persuade me to read A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash.  The omelet was just a bonus.

Recently I have had a hard time concentrating on any book, but I trusted that this would be the page-turner she promised and Natalie (ok, and Wiley Cash) delivered.  

When I started the novel, my first reaction was “oh, this is an interesting subject but I am so smart and read so many books that I know how this will go and I will just watch it all come together as I predict it will.”  Fortunately, I was wrong and the book was full of surprises.  What I thought would be a small town mystery/courtroom drama was not at all.  

I purposely bought this book so I would have a good read in the hospital.  That backfired since the book was so good and my baby is so uninterested in coming out to meet me.  Pressure is on to find a labor-worthy read.  Anyone ever read a book that was so good that you didn’t notice crushing pain?  Or, more accurately, a book that you could read while being hooked up to drugs and holding a popsicle?


No comments:

Post a Comment