Thursday, November 15, 2012

Perhaps the Least Informed Posting Ever Despite Much Competition for that Honor

This is not a bird house.

As Loyal Readers know, I am committed to doing very little research for this blog.  I mean, hell, it’s a book blog – I either read the book or I didn’t, right?  This entry is an exception, since I spent as much as 3-4 minutes on research, coming up with very little in the way tangible answers, thus reinforcing my tried-and-true policy.

But I had to look into a curious little thing I saw in my neighborhood – The Little Free Library.  Actually, Andrew spotted it while on a Family Walk with World’s Best Dog Norman over the weekend and demanded this make its way to the blog. I think he wanted to avoid the 3-4 minutes worth of research to learn more.

Having gone to the website, I know almost as much as I did when I first saw this thing.  I think it is just an honor system library, which looks to have taken off across the country despite a pretty crappy site. (.org, really?) I should note that this Little Free Library is about 5 blocks from the local library (also free) but with better hours and of course, less selection.  I have more questions than answers – do people use this?  Are books ever returned?  Should I stuff 5 huge copies of Ayn Rand books into this thing? 

If anyone knows more about this program, there is actually a comments area on this blog that works about 20% of the time.  Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment