Thursday, November 8, 2012

Bookworm Showered (Before the Event & Also With Gifts)


Bookworm receives flowers from doting husband;
likely due to constant reminders of what she is going through.
This past weekend I was reminded of what a lucky lady I am – I had the most awesome baby shower with (almost) all of my favorite ladies there.  (Missed you Erin #3 & #1 Reader Ki, and not only because I want some of my books back.)  Wonderful friends and family came in from California, Pennsylvania, DC and around VA to bestow gifts relating to bowel movements, sleeping, monitoring and of course – Baby Literature for Baby Ox.
Baby Ox bookshelf stocked
with classics.




Because of this once-in-a lifetime-event, I am bringing you a Bookworm First ®.  Below is a copy of a first edition book, as written by Loyal Blog Readers Katherine & Kristen.  I’m sure this breaks all kinds of copyright laws, and am mildly concerned about the litigious nature – most notably of Katherine – but my risk assessment team says to go for it.  Please enjoy.





Don't let the innocent cover art fool you.

Legalese - standard.

My friends seem to have a keen understanding
of my level of childcare knowledge.



...And in the end are loyal to the almighty registry.

I love these drunken fools.
*Please note that the infuriating formatting issues in this post are due to my friends at Blogspot, not the careful eye of The Bookworm, whose relentless attention to detail would not let this slide if given a choice.

3 comments:

  1. With friends like yours, the shower just had to be great fun! Happy pregnancy and more flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara. I am consistently annoyed that my friends are funnier, smarter and better looking than me. Now everyone knows!

      Delete
  2. The shower for a bookworm! Looks so great. I am really in love with these fabulous photos. Well, my sister is also expecting and I would be using the library theme for this bash as she has a whole lot of books at home because she just loves to read books! At one of the event venues Chicago I am going to throw this bash on next weekend.

    ReplyDelete