Monday, September 9, 2013

To Do List Includes Laundry and Getting Jane Into College


Since becoming a Mom I have noticed that I am never “done” with anything really.  There is always more laundry, more friends I owe phone calls to, more family I should visit, more photos to print, etc.  I am not saying this to complain – of that list only the laundry part is no fun.  But the fact is, there is always more I can do.  Until Jane goes to Harvard anyway.  Then I can finally say, “There, done, Jane is going to Harvard” and start on a shopping list for her dorm room.

This is a lot of buildup to say that I finished a book in two weeknights without bailing on any of my motherly duties.  Which is an even longer build up to say Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling is a short book and a fun read. 

You may know Mindy as Kelly Kapoor on The Office where she was a writer and producer as well.  Her book feels like a series of essays about her background, how she became a TV writer and her general point of view on critical issues like what a best friend’s role is.  Also, there are pictures.  Nice.

This book is a perfect beach or airplane read.  I brought it on an airplane to the beach, read none of it, and started it at home.  That works too.

No comments:

Post a Comment