Monday, September 3, 2012

Don’t Mess with a Pregnant Bookworm Unless You Have Ice Cream to Offer


At a Labor Day cookout at my house today, Loyal Reader Phill casually commented that he noticed a few less posts recently.  Read this next part really fast for full effect – I’m sorry but I am just so busy with working, over-committing my weekends, my nesting list is so long oh my God I have clean out the whole room so I can shampoo the carpet before the chair gets here but what to do with all the stuff? I’ll need to organize the basement with shelving and now Andrew wants to have built-ins put in the dining room too I don’t have time to stay home for that – now burst into tears.  So yeah, being pregnant is awesome.

So between gentle suggestions of “why don’t you take a nap?” I have squeezed in Law of Similars by  Chris Bohjalian.  You may have read it inadvertently when you read his book Midwives like I did.  Very similar (no pun intended) story set-up.  But a good and quick read perfect for pre- and post napping, if that’s what you are looking for out of a book.  I am also looking for books that go well with ice cream.
Did someone say ice cream?
Or cheese?
Or Subway sandwiches?
(I'm not proud of that one.)

No comments:

Post a Comment