Monday, October 8, 2012

Tell Your Friends About This Blog But You Should Probably Wait For a More Inspired Posting


Bookfriend Who Likely Doesn’t Read This Blog Colleen lent me The History of Love by Nicole Krauss.  It was delivered to my desk by our Book Club Dictator (with an inexplicably bizarre note), so I never actually discussed the book with Colleen prior to reading it.

This was a very unusual book.  At times, it was practically a sleeping pill.  I took many naps while reading this book. Not as many as World’s Best Dog Norman, but more than usual.  (Thanks to Columbus for finding America and giving me a Monday off to indulge in naps/reading/reluctant bathroom cleaning.)  But in the end, it really came together.  It was one of those books with a few storylines that don’t seem to have a clear direction, but then BAM! it all makes sense.  Still, I wouldn’t really recommend this one.  Please see my recently updated Current Favorites List on the right side of your screen for a list of five books better than this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment